Outpatient Intensive Treatment Program
Extended Evaluation and Outpatient Intensive Treatment Program
Our BDD Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program is unique in that it is one of the very few existing intensive treatment programs that focus exclusively on body dysmorphic disorder. The BDD intensive treatment program includes the following:
- 3 hours of individual psychotherapy per day with staff BDD experts
- Medication management sessions every week with a clinic psychiatrist
- A 3 to 1 staff to client ratio. Each client will work directly with three staff members, specifically two BDD-expert-psychotherapists and one psychiatrist
- Addiction-medicine expertise and groups are available if needed
- All staff clinicians are experts in the treatment of BDD and have extensive experience in treating body image disturbances and co-existing conditions
This is an 8 week program, Monday-Friday, for a total of 40 days of treatment. We recommend this program for those individuals seeking treatment from out-of-state or abroad, and as a result, would not be able to attend weekly therapy sessions. Also, individuals who live in Southern California who have very severe body dysmorphic disorder symptoms may want to consider starting their recovery in our intensive treatment program. This is an OUTPATIENT intensive treatment program. Patients who attend this program and who do not live in Southern California usually stay in furnished apartments located in close proximity to our clinic.
Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment
We require a 1 hour initial evaluation that can be done either in person or on the telephone/Skype - which ever is preferable for the patient.